How can I describe God?

One day I was listening through my YouTube playlist and William McDowell started to sing this song that took me into a worship space for like the whole day. The song reads like this "How can I describe a God that's indescribable? How can I explain a God that's unexplainable? I'm at a loss for words...." But I wanted to answer the question, even though there are so many ways to describe God, the words are not even enough. Though there are so many ways to describe God, they don't amount to the way God really is. That is just the amazingness of God (yes, I realize that's not a word, but we'll manage it for the purpose of this write up!!).

I always love to praise God and call Him by all the things He is to me. I feel that is the best way to really worship Him. The Awesome God, Mighty God, Amazing, Loving, Faithful, Merciful, Compassionate God. Some have experienced Him as a Healer, Savior, Deliverer, Restorer, Redeemer. I know Him as El-Olam (Everlasting Father), Jehovah Tsidkenu (God my Righteousness), My Banner, Jehovah Jireh (God the Provider). He is known to be Bigger than the biggest, Greater than the greatest, Deeper than the deepest, Wider than the widest. He is All powerful, All knowing, I Am that I Am, I Am that Is! He's described as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The God of Elijah, the God that answers by fire, the God of Daniel, the Covenant keeping God. A Strong Tower, The Mighty Man in battle, He can do all things, Be all things. He's undefeated, incomparable, unstoppable. The God that creates but was never created. He's not a man but created man even in His own image and His own likeness. He doesn't need my money to be activated or motivated to be who He is or what I need Him to be. He is, and He is God all by Himself.  The same, yesterday, today and even forever more.

Glory be to God!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Secret Place

Heavy Metal